Central Hudson Gas & Electric Operations Services Planner in Poughkeepsie, New York
Operations Services Planner
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with substantial company match
- Life and Travel Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
What is an Operations Services Planner?
- Under limited supervision and with the opportunity for independent judgment, the Operations Services Planner will be responsible for planning, scheduling, evaluating, prioritizing, and coordinating the construction, operation, and maintenance of electric substations. The Planner will monitor the progress of projects to ensure the successful completion within the established timeframes and budget as well as review, verify and allocate invoices related to project work. The Planner will communicate directly with the district foremen to support them as needed by performing various tasks such as: scheduling work, coordinating materials, scheduling outages, and cutovers etc.
What does an Operations Services Planner do?
- Assist in managing the capital work plans for the Operations Services Division, and is expected to provide input regarding variations from the established work plan each month to the Director of Substation Operations to assist in providing budget variation explanations and facilitate preparation of the year-end projection.
- Differentiate between timing variations and permanent variations from the Annual Work Plan.
- Complete reports, goals, objectives, required Company and OSHA training, and special assignments on schedule and with appropriate documentation.
- Become knowledgeable in substation equipment and maintenance practices to assist in driving efficiencies and moving some maintenance practices from time based to conditional.
- Assist in the development of monthly and weekly work plans, monitor the progress of projects to ensure the successful completion within the established timeframes and budget.
- Work with the Substation Foremen to ensure that all work orders are reviewed prior to starting work to determine if they can be completed within the established time frame and subsequently closed out in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities for productivity improvement and work with the Substation Foremen and Director to implement changes to current processes. Actively seek and encourage the identification of new technologies and work practices to reduce operational costs or assist in the reduction of potential safety hazards.
- Demonstrate a high regard for personal accountability and the ability to deliver comprehensive recommendations and analysis.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers by phone, in writing, or in person regarding construction, operations, and maintenance, investigate and assist in the resolution of complaints, and coordinate customer service needs with other departments as required.
_What does it take to be an Operations Services Planner? _
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree is required. An Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in Planning, Scheduling, or Project Management is preferred.
- Must possess excellent analytical, project management and evaluation skills, and communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner in order to effectively correspond.
- Must possess strong computer skills including proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, while showing the ability to learn additional software programs quickly.
- The candidate must have organizational and record keeping skills to ensure that necessary documents are accurately maintained relating to Company property.
- Must be a problem solver, proactive and flexible in handling multiple assignments and able to meet deadlines. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, display a strong attention to detail, and work as a team player.
- Utility industry knowledge is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Applications will be accepted until 07/25/2019. Please go to www.centralhudson.com/employment. Click the “Search Career Opportunities” button. Follow the directions to submit an application and upload your resume for the desired position. Applications sent via e-mail and US Mail will not be accepted. No phone calls or agencies, please. All replies will be held in strict confidence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Employment Duration: Full Time