Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Senior Manager IT Project Management in Rensselaer, New York
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
Summary: Responsible for managing IOPS IT Projects, direct reports and overseeing planning, tracking, implementation of IT systems at the Industrial Operations and Product Supply (IOPS) organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides leadership and/or business analysis support for the development and implementation of assigned IOPS IT Systems
• Oversees the management of day-to-day client interaction and expectations for IOPS IT projects
• Works with business owners and key stakeholders to develop project scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budgets, and timing
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards
• Clearly communicates expectations to reports, team members and stakeholders
• Minimizes exposure and risk in assigned areas
• Ensures that any changes to scope are documented and approved
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Analyzes and defines business processes in both the “current state” and the “desired state”
• Facilitates communication between vendors, integrators, developers and stakeholders to ensure that customer requirements are translated into design specifications and appropriate testing efforts
• Reports on IT project portfolio and identifies variances in project performance
• Follows the methodologies and standards for IT project management and implementation, which includes guidelines, procedures, standards, and monitoring for organizational compliance
• Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on projects
• Performs regular performance feedback meetings with direct reports
• Ensures employee training requirements are met and on time
• Performs related duties as assigned or requested
• International travel up to 20%
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and document an extensive variety of business and technical processes
• Working knowledge of technology solutions like: Document management systems, project management systems, laboratory information management systems, learning management systems, electronic batch records, manufacturing execution systems
• Requires an in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycle
• A demonstrated ability in creation of requirements, design documents and test scripts
• Must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of system design and implementation
• Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally together with strong presentation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Ability to anticipate client needs and propose alternative business solutions
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must exhibit strong judgment and time management skills
• Strong customer service focus
Education and Experience:
• BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar discipline; may substitute relevant work experience in lieu of educational requirement.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in project management/IT management with a focus on technology management along with 10 years progressive IT experience and Enterprise Program implementations.
• Direct management experience, ideally experience managing a global team
• PMP desirable
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.