University of Rochester Associate Director of Admissions in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 001 Simon Grad Sch Admis/Reg
The Admissions Interviewer will provide support to the Full-Time MBA/MS Admissions Office during the peak period of the admission cycle (mid-October through April/May). Expected responsibilities include:
- Interviews and evaluates candidates for admission to the full-time MBA and MS program; assesses and communicates admissions requirements to candidates; answers their questions about Simon during the interview.
- Provides thorough evaluative written feedback and makes a recommendation on the candidate to the Admissions Committee electronically. This requires significant knowledge of the Simon Business School, the applicant pool, and requires independent judgment to assess the qualities of each candidate.
- The interviewer will be provided with extensive on-the-job on-campus training – not limited to: information on the Two-Year MBA and four Full-Time MS degree programs, career opportunities/industries/function areas post-MBA or MS, and interviewing techniques. Prior to interviewing solo, the candidate will both shadow interviews by admissions counselors and also be reverse-shadowed by admissions counselors while conducting their initial few interviews for evaluation and feedback.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree. Previous experience with interviewing candidates for either professional positions or undergraduate or graduate admission a plus. Master’s degree in Higher Education or classes toward a Master’s degree strongly preferred. Must by US work authorized and a NYS resident. Must be able to visit the office for training and periodic (1-2 per year) meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient technical skills and a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Ability to maintain focus and professionalism in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with a diverse audience with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently with initiative, good judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Associate Director of Admissions
Location: Simon Grad School Business
Job ID: 208967
Full/Part Time: TAR