University of Rochester Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 089 Pharmacy SMH
DAYS; OCC WKENDS & HOLIDAYS
*Position Summary: *
Assist pharmacist in the maintenance of the outpatient pharmacy’s drug distribution system, with a focus on quality and accuracy, patient care, and customer service. Under supervision of a pharmacist, and consistent with state, federal and local regulations, prepare prescriptions/home infusion order and supplies for final check by pharmacist. This includes, but is not limited to, processing orders and refills through pharmacy computer system, identification of patient in-hospital billing system to obtain demographic information, entering patient information into computer system, physically preparing drug product (doses) for pharmacist, correcting online adjudication rejects that occur, coordinating deliveries, and scheduling production of home infusion products.
- Assists the pharmacists in the accurate and timely processing of prescription orders.
- Verifies prescription information – determines accuracy of the prescription based upon information provided, obtains the correct pre-made medications, and ensures that medications are delivered to the patient in a timely manner.
- Monitors inventory levels, assists in maintenance and daily ordering of drug inventory;
- Coordinates with IV product production for preparation of parenteral drug therapy
- Utilizes clean room skills in preparation of IV products
- Completes other duties as assigned by pharmacists or supervisor.
High school education; including at least one of the following. Certified Pharmacy technician, successful completion of a formal technician training program, 1 year or more year’s pharmacy experience, three or more year’s healthcare related experience, associates or bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ experience in a science or business or enrolled in an accredited pharmacy school. Detail-oriented; computer literate; math aptitude including a basic understanding of units of measure; ability to work as part of a team; prioritization capabilities, and exceptional communication and customer service skills. Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification required within twelve months of entering into position. Previous experience with pharmacy applications a plus.
*Required License/Certification: *
- National certification (PTCB) required within one year of hire.
- Must maintain national certification
- Certified in sterile product production provided upon hire
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Home Infusion Pharmacy Technician
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208522
Full/Part Time: Full-Time