University of Rochester Operations Manager in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Financial Case Management
Serves as Manager of professional fee billing for a multispecialty department. Responsibilities include supervision of business office employees, direction of billing collection, and cashiering operations, coding and compliance requirements and management of professional receivables.
- Under general direction and with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative:
- Manages billing office employees, including hiring, training, evaluating and performing disciplinary actions as necessary following department and University guidelines.
- Manages and monitors billing office operations including charge entry, billing and collecting from patients and third party payors, posting of payments, and reporting of results.
- In collaboration with administrator, develops strategic initiatives related to billing functions.
- Manages receivables and assures appropriate follow up on accounts by collections staff.
- May provide consultation and direction to faculty on proper coding. May develop ongoing physician education program for coding, documentation and billing efficiency. May work directly with faculty and/or compliance staff to ensure all billing is compliant with internal and external regulations.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with third party payor representatives. Serves as the primary contact for the department to such payors.
- Safeguards University assets such as cash and receivables by implementing appropriate internal control mechanisms. Periodically reviews internal control.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of charges, services, fees, allowances and coding requirements for multiple specialties to assure that all billings and payments are accurate and reimbursement is maximized.
- Monitors and evaluates work of subordinates to assure adherence to policies and procedures. Develops new policies and procedures for assigned area.
- Provides periodic written reports and analysis to Faculty and Administrator to clearly present the results of billing operations and the status of receivables for multiple specialties.
- Actively participates in URMC initiatives including evaluating opportunities for continued billing efficiency and best practice recommendations. Serves as department liaison to other University departments and groups on matters related to business functions.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business and 3-4 years of related relevant experience in business office operations, consulting or auditing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211772
Full/Part Time: Full-Time