Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. Project Manager in Rochester, New York
|Job Country||United States|
|Category||Research & Development / Engineering|
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (Ortho) is a global leader of in vitro diagnostics. Ortho serves two primary industries in the medical field: clinical laboratories, by producing platforms and assays that test for a variety of diseases, conditions, and substances; and immunohematology, by providing the means to ensure blood transfusion recipients receive appropriate and compatible blood.
With a history of more than 75 years, Ortho is a pioneer in life-impacting advances in diagnostics. Worldwide across hospitals, hospital networks, blood banks and labs, Ortho’s high-quality products and services enable health care professionals to make better-informed treatment decisions. Headquartered in Raritan, NJ, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics has approximately 4,300 employees serving customers in more than 120 countries.
Ortho is recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world. People, who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help Ortho grow their leadership position in a changing marketplace. The power to reimagine starts with empowered people, who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
Ortho’s purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. They do that by reimagining what’s possible. It’s what defines them. It’s the Ortho difference.
Ortho is an independent company, sponsored by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms. The company's executive leadership team has extensive diagnostic experience and a strong heritage of driving market change and innovation. Ortho is a strong brand with solid positions in attractive, growing segments and regions.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking a Project Manager for our Rochester NY office. The Project Manager is a strategic business partner to Ortho’s Project Leaders and project teams. He/she understands Ortho’s business, strategy, portfolio and organization and applies his/her knowledge to effectively navigate through complexity and achieve results. He/she anticipates, identifies and addresses critical inter-dependencies and delivers insights to project teams through issue identification, resolution and contingency planning, ultimately guiding teams towards milestone achievement. A Project Manager must have strong critical thinking and decision making skills and the ability to influence without authority, infusing the project teams with a sense of urgency, ownership and accountability and culture of high performance. Must have knowledge of fundamental project management processes, methodologies and tools & techniques and ability to adapt them to organization. Responsible for the oversight and management of end-to-end activities on complex medical diagnostic equipment, assays and business improvement projects with an emphasis on driving quality execution under the direction of the Project Leader.
- Delivers fundamental project management tools and composes project plans including schedule, budget and product features, incorporating input across multiple functions and outside partners. Outlines and tracks dependencies between functional areas.
- Runs regularly scheduled core team meetings, providing transparency around project progress (schedule, budget, resources and scope). Sets agenda and documents meeting outcomes. Must have ability to identify key issues and potential challenges and proactively facilitate scenario planning to identify the best choice among alternatives. Ability to influence timely decisions and to take action reflective of business objectives.
- Identifies and responds to issues related to project plan (schedule, budget, resources and scope), facilitating discussions between stakeholders and driving to a resolution. Escalates issues when appropriate. Ability to recognize conflict and apply strategies to overcome it. Thinking in opportunities instead of barriers. Ability to negotiate win-win agreements.
- Drives the team from concept through launch using the Ortho product development process (Phase 0 to 4). Assures all deliverables are completed and documented properly in each phase. Ability to keep project moving toward successful completion in face of aggressive schedules and unanticipated developments.
- Consistently and persistently follows-up with team members to ensure project deliverables and interim milestones are met.
- Builds relationships and effectively communicates status and opportunities for improvement throughout the team and across multiple levels of the business. Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule, and strategies to stakeholders.
- Provides candid and constructive feedback to functional leaders relative to individual performance. Motivates the team to exceed expectations. Ability to encourage and enable people to work together as a team to accomplish the project.
- Promotes and implements process improvements and project management best practice methodologies and tools.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3+ years of project management including schedule development required
- 8+ years of experience working in R&D or manufacturing environment. Diagnostics or medical device industry preferred
- Familiar with Medical Regulatory practices a strong plus. High-level understanding of new product development process and have the ability to adapt project management processes to Ortho's product life cycle.
- Position requires demonstrated leadership role of complex cross functional projects.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is strongly preferred.
- Expertise using MS Project or equivalent project management software required including best practices for creating schedules, updating schedules, and critical path analysis of highly complex schedules
- Familiarity with latest project management methodology (e.g. Agile) is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and presentation skills required.
- Ability to take calculated risks and demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross functional team environment required
- Ability to influence and present information to all levels of the organization including senior management required
- Able to identify problems and lead proactive problem solving efforts to achieve project goals
- Must be capable of reliable and predictable attendance.
Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy is important to us. By continuing to use our site to apply to this position, you agree to the Candidate Notice below that is applicable to where you reside, which outlines our privacy policies on information collected during the hiring process.
"At Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, we are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing. Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making Ortho a place to grow your career.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law."