Sherwin-Williams Company Sales Representative in Rochester, New York
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $15.8 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The purpose of this position is to contribute to the Region(s) performance by generating sales and profit for the Industrial Wood Division of Sherwin-Williams. This position will be responsible for sales of the Wood segment.
* Collect reliable customer/territory information and estimate individual customer potential
* Conduct competitive product testing and comparisons to Sherwin-Williams and identify current competitors' strengths and weaknesses and Sherwin-William's competitive advantage
* Develop territory market development plan for the Wood segment and obtain approval; develop a strategy to sell target customers, and identify items or product categories that require specific attention in support of this strategy
* Develop weekly selling plan and conduct sales calls accordingly, occasionally in conjunction with servicing Store/Facility Manager
* Determine where customer is in the overall selling process and what steps are necessary to move the process along
* Conduct product demos to support the selling process
* Obtain information to open a new account and communicate to credit office
* Support customers' application requirements
* Identify sources of sales leads and follow through on leads provided by store/Facility personnel as appropriate
* Refer appropriate sales leads to related Sales Representatives
* Understand servicing store/Facilities' strengths and weaknesses and communicate effectively with staff members to ensure that commitments made are within the store's capabilities
* Identify products and quantities that must be carried in inventory to support customer needs and communicate this to store/Facility
* Identify potential problems and work with store/Facility Manager to resolve
* Handle customer complaints within lines of authority and manage process to resolution
* Assist in servicing stores/Facilities' physical inventory
* High school education or equivalent is required
* Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed is required.
* Must have a valid driver's license; appropriate insurance as defined by Corporate Policy must be obtained by employee if usage of the employee's personal vehicle is required.
* Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
* Employee will be required to spend approximately 50% of the day driving, 20% sitting, and 30% walking or standing.
* Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
* Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
* Employee is required to tint paint and therefore, must be able to distinguish one or more chromatic colors.
* Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
* Bachelor's degree in business-related field preferred.
* Some sales experience in coatings or related field is preferred.
* Wood segment knowledge or experience.
Who we are -
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep - our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to .
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.