Citizens Bank SBA Sales Specialst in Rochester, New York
Citizens is currently searching for an SBA Sales Specialist to join our Business Banking Team. The SBA Sales Specialist will be responsible for sourcing credit enhanced loans, primarily SBA 504 and 7a, for business clients with $0-25 million in sales. In addition, you will play a key role in building collaborative relationships with our internal partners across Business Banking, while delivering an exceptional customer experience designed to grow the Bank’s SBA loan portfolio.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Providing primarily phone based marketing, sales, and closing support to Business Banking Relationship Managers across a large geographic territory who are providing SBA loan financing to their customers and prospects.
• Direct calling on third party groups (CDCs, CDAs and other government agencies) throughout assigned geographic markets in a direct effort to develop credit enhanced loan leads.
• Working with internal partners to assist in structuring, presenting, and guiding lending opportunities through the application, underwriting, and closing process to ensure that all SBA requirements are met.
• Maintaining and applying a thorough understanding of bank credit policy and underwriting guidelines while working with Business Credit Services and operations to practice sound risk management and adherence to applicable regulatory requirements.
• Facilitation and coordination of a timely and efficient loan processing and closing by pre-screening for program eligibility, and ensuring the completion and submission of all Day 1 loan package and underwriting requirements.
• Ability to manage and prioritize a large number of transactions to meet approval and closing deadlines.
7+ years of financial services industry experience.
5+ years in commercial lending with expertise in the use and application of the SBA 7(a) loan program.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of SBA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), program eligibility, credit criteria and loan structure requirements.
Experience in a high volume phone based sales and support role.
Professional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills - both written and verbal.
Proficient in MS Office applications and familiarity with the Salesforce CRM Platform.
- BS / BA Degree or Higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related disciplines.
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
- Citizens Bank Jobs