L3Harris Systems Engineer - Proposal Management in Rochester, New York
Systems Engineer - Proposal Management
Rochester, New York
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris?Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Job ID CS20201711-53247
Date posted 11/21/2020
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Sr. Spec, Systems Engrg/ Proposal Management
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job ID – CS20201711-53247
The Systems Engineer - Proposal Management is responsible for working closely with the Business Development Manager to develop and articulate technical solutions for proposals, whitepapers, presentations, and other business materials.
• Manage all aspects of rapid response proposal development (proposal writing, editing, illustration, production efforts, etc.) from assignment and receipt of RFP, through delivery and receipt by the customer
• Analyze solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI, Task Order etc.) in conjunction with other customer requirements and communications, and determine final document structure
• Identify and secure the resources necessary to develop the proposal
• Work with subject matter experts to develop a technical solution
• Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedule, outline and compliance matrix for assigned pursuits
• Coordinate and lead major project meeting events: Kick-off Meetings, Price Strategy Meetings, Technical reviews
• Manage cost estimation efforts; assist with estimate development
• Lead effective storyboarding and development of strategic win themes and discriminators as appropriate
• Develop and manage proposal schedule
• Meet established deliverables and production deadlines; support final proposal production activities as needed
• Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and subcontractors
• Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners
• Support and ensure proposal center and Business Processes are followed, standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted in accordance with established guidelines
• Ensure proposals or task order response is in compliance with vehicle contractual requirements, section L&M or similar instructions/requirements
• Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with proposal team and senior management, as appropriate
• Arrange for facilities, communicate with participants, and prepare necessary materials
• Monitor and assist on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation
• Additional responsibilities: assist in metric and dashboard tracking for the proposal funnel, helping opt prepare monthly reports to leadership as requested
- Bachelors degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Management skills to direct and orchestrate medium-sized proposal team efforts
• 2-5 years relevant professional experience in ShipleyTM-style Proposal Management or similar
• Experience working on development programs in a department of defense contracting environment
• Experience as a customer proposal evaluator a plus
• Strong communication skills; experience writing and presenting technical information to customer and leadership audiences
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills; has the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
• Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
- L3Harris Jobs