The Heico Companies LLC Machinist I - 2nd Shift in Rome, New York
This position is a member of the Machine Shop. The Machinist 1 will report directly to the Machine Shop Supervisor.
- Puts safety first above all else.
- Works safely and assesses all situations before proceeding.
- Keeps work area clean and free from hazards
- Stays current on all training requirements
- Uses guarding provided and does all necessary pre-work checks
- Machine product to required specification
- Set-up and operate CNC mills and/or lathes to produce an end product that meets or exceeds design specifications.
- Create and document straight forward programs, where needed. Record proper set-up documentation
- Inspection and documentation
- Inspection of in-process product is required. Ensure product meets requirements.
- Make adjustments to machine tools to meet specifications.
- When required, document measurements on inspection sheets
- Knowledge of machine tools, equipment, materials, and inspection methods
- Can setup and run previously run jobs in work centers that they are familiar with, whether the work center is a lathe, mill, grinder, or other piece of equipment.
- Can program, setup, and run straight forward jobs on at least one piece of equipment, whether that be a lathe, mill, grinder, or other piece of equipment.
- Has a working knowledge of conventional machining techniques
- Knows how to use traditional inspection equipment such as height gages, dial indicators, micrometers, and calipers.
- Strive for Bartell excellence
- Increase product knowledge, try new ideas and machining techniques, strive for a better and/or faster way of doing a job and train on any piece of equipment that they are capable of
- Have a good attitude, start work on time, work overtime when necessary, perform good housekeeping, communicate with others, be aware of his/her area and other's safety, be a good team member,
- Always be looking to be more efficient by running multiple work centers at the same time when and where possible and work in other departments such as fabrication or assembly if requested
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with some machining/mechanical background
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Utilizes strong written and oral communication skills often and consistently. Clearly understands the department objectives. Is interactive with cross functional team members.
- The employee shall have capabilities and experience to work in team environment to accomplish employee's clear goals and objectives that support the overall departmental strategic plan. This employee also supports the corporate mission, vision, and core values - specific to the department contributions. Works well with other various departments.
- The employee shall be able to create set-ups and machine needed parts with some supervision. When direction is required, the employee should be able to seek out the proper personnel that will provide the direction.
- Understands business objectives, maintains a level of business integrity; proven success in facilities operations. Makes independent decisions under guidance of department management.
- Demonstrates self-discipline in organizing tasking to plan and meet time and budgetary constraints, quality, and procedures.
- Basic computer skills for time reporting and facility safety inspections.
- Professional and positive attitude with the initiative to cooperate in a team work environment.
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge and ability to use mechanics tools
- Machining and fabrication knowledge
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Some mathematical skills, including trigonometry and geometry
- Assembly of industrial equipment
- Working knowledge of Bartell manufacturing processes and technologies
- Strong communication and conceptual skills
Travel Requirements: 0%