The Nature's Bounty Co. Receiving Clerk (i) in Ronkonkoma, New York
For more than 70 years, The Nature s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature s bountiful effects on people s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature s Bounty , Sundown Naturals , Solgar , Osteo Bi-Flex , Ester-C , MET-Rx , Pure Protein , Balance , Body Fortress , Puritan s Pride and Organic Dr. , among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
Are you looking for the opportunity to join a growing organization with a strong portfolio and great career development opportunities* The Nature's Bounty Co. is currently seeking an experienced Receiving Clerk who will be responsible for the inspection of all incoming shipments to ensure accuracy and quality in all items received.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Safely operate powered industrial trucks equipped with lifting devices to move shipments from loading dock to storage or work area
* Compare identifying information of all incoming shipments to verify information against bills of ladings, packing lists, invoices, orders or other records
* Unpack and examine incoming shipments to record damaged items as well as ensures correspondence with shipper to rectify damages
* Allocate shipment storage location
* Operate Powered Industrial trucks or manual hand truck to move shipments from loading dock to storage or work area
* Route individual items to departments
* Shrink wrap pallets of material to be moved if required
* Enter receipts into AS400 and completes appropriate documentation
* Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMP guidelines
Please note this is a 3rd Shift Opportunity: Hours for 3rd Shift are 11:00pm - 7:30am Sunday - Thursday overnights. There is a shift differential for this position.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
* Military experience a plus
* Powered Industrial Truck Certification preferred
* Prior warehousing experience required
* Ability to operate software related to in-motion system, Postal Meter, UPS shipping systems, AS400 shipping systems, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Lotus Notes
* Ability to write simple correspondence and exercise basic mathematical skills
* Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions
* Physical ability to repetitively lift, stand, climb, bend, etc. within a manufacturing environment
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings..
Employer's Job# POS000002063-Nov
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.