Rivers Casino & Resort Schenectady Facilities Shift Manager in Schenectady, New York
Summary: Plans and directs all aspects of the casino's property maintenance activities, including management of facilities maintenance.
- Prepares complete annual preventive maintenance schedule at the start of each new year to ensure an effective and efficient approach to all systems and equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for reviewing training library and insuring it is kept up-to-date.
- Manage scheduling of Team Members time to insure proper coverage, PTO requests and approve Team
- Members timecards in Kronos for their assigned shift.
- Manage and prioritize work orders, projects and workloads on their shifts.
- Ensures adequate staffing for maintenance duties and project completion through accurate manpower planning and projection of future requirements.
- Ensures all activities and job duties are performed according to established company and departmental policies, procedures and goals.
- Hands on management of all team members, requiring high visibility leadership and working with team members during their shift.
- Ensures team members are properly trained on all life systems, mechanical systems and electrical systems.
- Conducts monthly team member meetings to review and discuss various policies and procedures, to address problems and concerns, and to build teamwork.
- Responsible for new team member orientation of all Company and Departmental policies and procedures and functional job duties.
- Ensures all equipment, systems, and facilities are in proper condition and in line with local and national safety regulations in continual preparation for inspections by insurance, fire, and machinery officials.
- Fill in for the Manager when the Manager is not available.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of facilities/maintenance experience preferred.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the established Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate, both verbally and in writing with Team Members, Supervisors and outside contacts.
- Must also possess sound judgment, good organizational skills and the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Requires thorough knowledge of construction code requirements, ability to read codebooks, blue prints and field schematics.
- Understand and ensure compliance to all ADA, OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Position requires thorough knowledge of all life safety, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical equipment and systems gained through extensive experience in Facilities or related areas.
- Previous background in facilities/maintenance fields.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Appropriate New York State Gaming Commission licensing
- Valid Driver's License.