Wedgewood Nursing and Rehabilitation LPN (Part-Time) in Spencerport, New York
Wedgewood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is currently seeking a Full-Time LPN to provide direct nursing care to the residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by the certified nursing assistants (CNAs). Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility and as may be required by the Director of Nursing or Nurse Manager to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
•Must possess a current and active license to practice as an LPN in NYS.
•Must be in good physical and mental health
•Must be able to effectively communicate with others
•Previous geriatric experience is preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain the safety to the residents at all times.
• Administer medications as directed by the physician orders.
• Change dressings as directed by the physician orders and report all changes in wounds to Nurse Manager and/or Designee.
•Maintain the Daily 24-hour Report.
• Supervise CNAs in the completion of their duties.
• Assist CNAs to help meet the needs of the residents when available (i.e. toileting, call lights, etc.)
• Complete documentation for resident care.
• Perform any other pertinent duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• I understand that emergency conditions may require me to temporarily work shifts other than the one for which I have applied and been assigned and agree to such scheduling change or overtime when necessary to ensure proper operation of the Homes as directed by my supervisor.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKER TRAITS:
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family
members, visitors and the general public.
•Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills with interdisciplinary team, families, and visitors.
• Must function independently and have flexibility and have the ability to work effectively with resident personal and supporting agencies.
• Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
• Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, and elderly within the facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
•Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
•Must meet the general health requirements which include a medical and physical examination.
Attends in-service programs and staff
development programs as provided by the facility to maintain compliance with the Department of Health and other regulatory agencies, as well as Nursing Home policies and procedures.
• Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB
and the AIDS and Hepatitis viruses.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Supervised by: Director of Nursing and Nurse Manager