Northwell Health eICU RN in Syosset, New York
Req Number 001UJC
Job Category Registered Nurse
Provides tele-nursing care to a diverse population of critically ill ICU patients across multiple hospitals. Collects data and provides tele-nursing care during patient's ICU stay to achieve optimal outcomes. Coordinates patient care and clinical activities of the tele-critical care team. Facilitates meeting patient's needs in a timely manner, and follows-up to assure desired outcome. Discusses patient care issues with physicians and other health care team members.
Collects and analyzes patient and family data for purposes of assessment, diagnosis and management. Communicates/documents patient's physiologic health status and plan of care.
Identifies patient outcomes. Identifies actual/potential patient problems; Develops patient outcome statement (s) and establishes individualized patient goals.
Re-examines prior diagnoses and care plans at appropriate intervals for anticipated individual patient outcomes. Readjusts accordingly.
Uses available decision support tools in determining evidence-based practices for clinical problems.
Responds to routine, urgent and emergent patient issues. Provides follow-up to ensure problem resolution.
Serves as advocate for patients and families in response to their needs and wishes.
Devises and communicates assessments for real or anticipated patient problems to medical staff.
Solves clinical patient problems independently when appropriate and communicates unresolved issues to medical staff.
Updates ICU knowledge of pathophysiology, pharmacology, hemodynamics, bedside technology and nursing care.
Applies Acute Physiology and Chronic Health Evaluation (APACHE) scoring system as well as basic and advanced features of the eCare MANAGER System to enhance efficiency in assessment and documentation.
Communicates with the members of the eICU center and bedside ICU teams to provide safe error-free care during routine and emergent conditions.
Utilizes Health System best practices and other care initiatives in response to Performance Improvement strategies.
Reports clinical, administrative or technical problems (utilizing TeamStepps) that may result in medical errors, unsafe care, or suboptimal communications amongst members of eICU Center and ICU health care team.
Performs related duties, as required.
• Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited program within 24 months of employment, if hired after September 1, 2010 and obtain a BSN Degree within five (5) years of employment date.
• Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support, required. Successful completion of a critical care course or equivalent, required. Certified Critical Care RN (CCRN/CCRN-E) preferred; required after one (1) year of hire.
• Minimum three (3) years recent adult critical care experience, required. Previous Performance Improvement and Preceptor experience, required.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with interdisciplinary team.
• Proficiency with Windows-based computer applications, email and web based skills.
• Ability to adapt to change in a fast paced environment.