National Grid Analyst, Third Party Attachments in Syracuse, New York
This position is responsible for managing the wireless license process, including coordinating design / construction review and associated billing. National Grid contractually allows co-location for Wireless Carrier customers who propose attachments to our transmission structures, communication towers and other assets including constructing stand-alone towers on National Grid property owned in fee. This role will focus on supporting all day to day wireless co-location requests and project work in Upstate NY and will work closely with Carriers, their representatives, Transmission Engineering, Vegetation & Maintenance Management and several other internal and external contacts.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Responsible for the thorough understanding and consistent application and monitoring of wireless policies and procedures, and information systems within National Grid’s UNY jurisdiction including but not limited to:
Employee and contractor safety
Transmission system reliability
Coordination with Transmission Engineering
Billing accuracy and associated rent revenue reconciliations
Coordination with customers on project status
Understanding of Standards, Master and Site Licenses and regulatory issues
Manage relationship with Licensees
· Ability to develop positive working relationships, internally and externally with a focus on the resolution of customer concerns (often relating to compliance with the Transmission Engineering Wireless Specification, NESC requirements, contractual compliance, safety, transmission system reliability and rent / other billing)
· Manage necessary training and knowledge sharing for company personnel and customers to promote current and new technology, company standards, and innovative solutions to meet customer requirements
· Assist in the development and implementation of asset and business strategies, policies and procedures within the New England jurisdiction to assure National Grid meets customer requirements and maintains system reliability
· Develop and report on specific performance indicators to be established and communicated between all responsible organizations to address:
Work status reports
Revenue collection and reconciliation
Project budget, cost and schedule performance
Other business and audit required data reporting
· Contract management support for wireless agreements and several National Grid UNY departments
· Construction management for wireless installations, upgrades and decommissioning sites in UNY
· Understand regulatory requirements and assure compliance
· Billing and tracking customer payments for annual license fees, engineering review and construction costs including construction oversight
· Coordinate with wireless customer, their construction contractors and National Grid approved electrical contractors for work schedules, outage and non-reclosing assurances, Health & Safety Plans for work on transmission structures
· Develop / maintain status reports to monitor projects through engineering design and construction; manage relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers for scheduling and coordination
· Calculation of review, construction oversight and other fees
· Draft and execute standard distribution pole Aerial License and Conduit Occupancy Agreements
Knowledge & Experience Required:
· Working knowledge of the applicable OSHA, NEC/NESC and National Grid standards.
· Project Management knowledge to work through internal and external issues associated with varied customer related project matters.
· Understanding of safe/acceptable work practices related to transmission facilities and NESC clearances.
· Ability to understand contracts, standards, construction drawings and technical information.
· Understanding of National Grid’s wireless specification, process asset management, and billing systems that are associated with transmission and communications tower infrastructure.
· Competent technical communication responsibilities for the development and deployment of policies, process flows, training instructions, presentations, regulatory requirements including FCC, proposed contract changes (i.e., Amendments), etc.
· Analytical skills to aggregate information from different systems, understand and coordinate data, and make decisions to prioritize and track decisions.
· Assist in the development and application of National Grid fees applicable to Master and Site Licenses and National Grid support service fees, etc.
· Understanding of legislative and regulatory directives relating to all aspects of the associated utility infrastructure attachments.
· Bachelors degree preferred and 3 years related experience. Understand and experience with National Grid’s enterprise systems, specifically GIS, PowerPlant, SAP, ArcGIS Web Application, SharePoint, etc.
· Strong overall PC skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite; specifically Excel, Word, Visio, Power Point and Access.
· Knowledge of budget, financial accounting, customer relations and account management, transmission engineering and design, operations, procurement and regulatory processes.
· Understanding of process improvement and problem solving techniques.
· Strong communication (verbal and written), contract negotiations, project, contract, construction and administration skills.
· Creative contributor in a team environment while also self-motivated to promote continuous positive business change.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/*National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team. */
Job: *Electric Process & Engineering
Title: Analyst, Third Party Attachments
Requisition ID: 20181816