Empower Federal Credit Union Collections Loan Adjuster II in Syracuse, New York
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
50% Contacts delinquent accounts by phone and mail; takes appropriate action to bring current.
15% Analyzes financial situation of delinquent borrowers; makes recommendations including financial counseling, extensions, workouts and repossessions.
10% Maintains accurate files and reports on all collections activity.
10% Informs management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged off loans. 10% Maintains a high level of training and education pursuant to this position.
5% Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
1. Knowledge of collections and experience with all collection procedures.
2. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, members, and general public.
3. Excellent member service skills.
4. Detail oriented, common sense decision making; above average oral, written and communications skills.
5. Must have working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software; be able to use PC and general office equipment including 10 key calculator.
6. Occasional travel may be required.
7. Comply with credit union/departmental training requirements.
8. Professionalism in appearance, dress and attitude is required.
9. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
10. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as profitability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand or sit for long periods at a time, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity