SMG Event Coordinator in Syracuse, New York
Job Title: Event Coordinator
Department: Event Services
Reports To: Director of Event Services
FLSA Status: FT/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Summary Provides professional client services support in the planning, organization and management of events within the facility, monitoring the logistics of these events, and all event coordination tasks after events are booked through the conclusion. The following duties are in conjunction with and overseen by Event Services management:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Meets and consults with client groups to plan and organize assigned meetings and/or events.
- Coordinates activities with the various service contractors for assigned meetings and/or events.
- Guides clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies and procedures.
- Keeps clients informed as to status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submissions, meeting room set-up specifications, insurance requirements and other relevant details.
- Responsible for communicating event details to all required internal and external contacts to ensure events are effectively coordinated to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Prepares cost estimates and monitors final billing.
- Provides clear, concise, and timely communication of detailed requirements to operational departments.
- Oversees all aspects of facility operations related to events.
- Monitors and supervises facility set-up when necessary.
- Serves as primary liaison between clients and facility departments during all phases of planning the event, during the event and closing the event.
- Produces event orders, reports, diagrams, etc., outlining event requirements concerning facilities, equipment, catering needs, etc.
- Monitors in-house events, maintaining close contact with clients and facility staff to ensure successful events.
- Timely and courteously follows-up on all client requests, concerns, and problems.
- In conjunction with other Oncenter departments, ensures all event requirements have been implemented according to Oncenter quality standards. Works with Oncenter staff and others to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Attends appropriate planning, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations.
- Ensures customer satisfaction throughout event planning process and during event.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
1 to 2 years related experience and/or training
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Working knowledge of the principles of facility management, services and equipment for a similar facility
Skills and Abilities
Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
Good written and verbal skills
Ability to prioritize multiple projects
Demonstrate problem-solving and communication skills
Supervisory experience preferred
Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management
Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of computers and basic computer programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certifications are required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility(ies), at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite
Hali Greenhouse, HR Generalist
800 South State St.
Syracuse, NY 13202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 315-435-8062
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled