SMG Stand Lead in Syracuse, New York
Job Title: Stand Lead
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Concessions Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervises employees and activities at stands and provides high level customer service. Sells food and beverages during events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares opening and closing inventory stand sheet.
- Retrieves opening cash banks for the stand and sets up the registers.
- Supervises and assists workers in the setup of stand for operation.
- Supervises and assists workers in preparation of all menu items for sale.
- Determines, along with Management, quantity of product to be prepared for the shift.
- Supervises and directs service to customers during the event.
- Operates register for sales throughout event.
- Ensures proper cash control procedures are being followed.
- Ensures employees project a positive attitude and energy to customers at all times.
- Supervises and inspects cleanup of stand including all equipment, countertops and floors.
- Ensures all closing procedures are followed correctly.
- Matches cash registers with stand sheets at the end of the event.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Prior experience as a Stand Attendant required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent desired.
Skills and Abilities
- Good oral communication skills and the ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent hospitality and customer service skills, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Desire to work as a team and get the job done.
- Mature judgment and professionalism in handling all matters
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- ServSafe certification a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift over 75 pounds at a time, perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting
- Ability to work in a noisy environment
Hours of Work
- Flexible part-time schedule including some long shifts, nights, weekends and holidays on an on-call basis.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite
Hali Greenhouse, HR Generalist
800 South State St.
Syracuse, NY 13202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 315-435-8062
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled