CONMED Corporation Maintenance Technician I in Utica, New York
Maintenance Technician I
Planning and execution of the preventive maintenance activities. Assessment, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment. Development of preventive maintenance instructions (with assistance from Engineers). Assignment and distribution of preventive maintenance activities by factories/areas. Challenging and updating of existing preventive maintenance instructions in the PM software (with assistance from Engineers). Provide visibility of preventive maintenance execution performance to the Supervisor/Management. Assess the existing PM documentation to improve activities effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Print PMs, distribute to owners, coordinate and follow-up the execution of scheduled maintenance activities.
* Coordinate unplanned repair of production equipment with the Tech team.
* Assign asset numbers for new equipment, create identification plates and create PM document into the PM software when required by the Engineers.
* Assess existing PMs to determine adequacy according to impact to product with the assistance of Engineers.
* Assess equipment performance base on excursion reports, parts consumed (based on high impact/critical production equipment) with the assistance of Engineers and the Spare Parts Coordinator.
* Prioritize maintenance work to ensure assignments are completed in the most efficient manner.
* Collaborate with Engineering with new equipment introduction/coordination and the development of maintenance instructions.
* Maintain PM files, logs, lists and complete required paperwork.
* Responsible for storing and controlling equipment manuals, catalogs, other as required.
* Assist with Shutdown activities coordination.
* Assist with the 5S Newspaper preparation.
* Assist with excursion reports preparation.
* Assist with Installation qualification (Maintenance required approval signatures).
* Perform other related duties as required by supervisor.
* At least five (3) years of experience working on maintenance related activities in a manufacturing environment or equivalent educational background (e.g. -- Engineering/science field related education).
* Associate Degree or equivalent experience on maintenance related activities in a manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrated mechanical skills or equivalent training.
* Basic Electricity concepts knowledge.
CONMED Corporation is a progressive, global medical device company. Through thoughtful leadership, innovation and team work, we are changing the future of medicine. Our 3,500 employees worldwide make meaningful contributions, positively impact the business, and advance in their careers as our company and product portfolio grows.
We are a leader in Orthopedics, General Surgery, Gynecology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, and Anesthesiology and our employees enjoy challenging and diverse job opportunities across these varied specializations. We are headquartered in upstate New York with additional domestic facilities in FL, CA, MA, NJ, CO, and GA. We have an international presence in more than 20 locations throughout Europe, Australia, Latin America, Asia, North America, and the Middle East.
* CONMED offers competitive compensation
* Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
* Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid fully by CONMED
* Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar up to 7%
* Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at discounted price
* Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Employer's Job# 5000396013606
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.