Five Star Bank Accounts Payable Accounting Specialist in Warsaw, New York
Position Title: Accounts Payable Accounting Specialist
Location/Affiliate: 220 Liberty St, Warsaw
Reports To (Title): Accounts Payable Supervisor Department: Accounting
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Accounts Payable Accounting Specialist position is responsible for the completion of Accounting duties and maintaining accurate financial records of the Bank. The incumbent’s focus will be the payable functions of the Company.
Scope and Direction
Area of Responsibility: Accounting
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Moderate
From (Title): Accounts Payable Supervisor
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): None
To (Title(s)): N/A
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Performs accounting duties that involve recording business transactions on behalf of the Company, which may involve one or more of the following specialized functions Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Expense Reimbursements, Corporate Credit Cards, Lease Accounting, Bank Vehicle Records, Prepaid Accounting, Monthly Financial Closing, and Sales and Use Taxes.
2. Maintains the data and integrity of the systems and applications overseen by the Accounting Department, ie, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Expense Reimbursements, Accounts Payable, and Access Online for Corporate Credit Cards.
3. Prepares and reviews account transactions in compliance with the Accounting policies of the Company.
4. Reviews, verifies and processes payables and expense reimbursements in compliance with the Accounting policies of the Company.
5. Maintains accounting records in an organized manner to facilitate reviews and audits of the Company’s financial records.
6. Plans and prioritizes assigned duties to meet timeframes established for month-end closing of the Company’s books and records.
7. Processes vendor issued credits and adjustments to appropriate accounts. Interacts with vendors in responding to inquiries and requesting information needed.
8. Maintains the system of internal controls established via the Accounting policies of the Company.
9. Collaborates with other departments as needed in resolving issues and or reconciling items not in conformance with the policies of the Company.
10. Prepares and maintains large amounts of data using appropriate technology, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of calculations and outputs utilized for reporting and other purposes.
11. Identifies and recommends changes to promote efficiencies in the completion of assigned functions. Applies new accounting standards, laws, regulations or requirements as needed.
12. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
13. This job description is not exhaustive. The Accounts Payable Accounting Specialist may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting,
Finance, Business or related field
Required: Associate’s Degree in Accounting,
Finance, Business or related field
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Years: 6+ Type: Accounting or Accounts Payable related experience
Years: 1+ Type: Banking experience
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: Specialty Area (if applicable):
Preferred: Specialty Area (if applicable):
1. Possess a high level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy
2. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
3. Analytical ability to interpret data and present it in a meaningful and easily understood form while providing recommendations
4. Ability to take initiative in problem solving and uses sound judgment to produce practical decisions and solutions
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff and management
6. Strong knowledge and understanding of Accounting concepts/standards (GAAP)
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) with the ability to learn and utilize new existing banking and accounting software applications
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Extensive computer usage is required
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing “any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense” unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) 786-4344, (585) 498 - 7565 or (585) 786-1417.