Emcor Services General Maintenance Worker in West Point, New York
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need of a General Maintenance Worker in West Point, NY. This is a part time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs general maintenance and repair of building structures and their mechanical, electrical, or sanitary systems.
* Performs general maintenance and repair of the establishment's machinery.
* Respond to system generated work orders and tenant calls.
* Evaluate and report to the Supervisor the need for appropriate contractors for repairs.
* Maintain parts inventories according to the needs of the site as well as stocking, disposing and replenishing air filters for the HVAC systems.
* Work requires a basic practical knowledge of several maintenance trades in order to perform most of the following: keeping in good repair building woodwork; wall, floor and other surface treatments; replacing electrical switches, fixtures, and motors; occasional painting or touching up of structure or equipment; repairing or replacing plumbing fixtures, household appliances and equipment; and replacing broken window panes, locks and keys.
* Must have at least 3 - 6 years of experience as a Maintenance Worker or helper at a commercial or government property.
* High school diploma or GED is required.
* Must have good verbal communication skills, customer service skills and be able to read, write and understand the English language.
* General knowledge of basic carpentry, general repairs, electrical and painting.
* Must be able to move/lift heavy objects, climb vertical ladders, work at heights and be proficient in the use of common hand and power tools.
* Must be job safety oriented and work flexible schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Employer's Job# GENER02593
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.