Betz Mitchell Associates Bi-lingual Patient Financial Counselor in Westbury, New York
Bi-lingual Patient Financial Counselor
As a patient financial Counselor responsibilities include the following:
* Conduct patient interviews to verify demographic, financial data and correct billing information.
* Investigate and review insurance information for accuracy and coverage limits. Communicate with insurance companies to obtain authorization for services.
* Assess uninsured and under insured patients for Medicaid and complete applications through the New York State Health or the local office.
* Outline any available hospital charity care policy guidelines and enroll clients if they are eligible.
* Ensure accounts are billed timely and accurately to the appropriate payer.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish)
* Ability to show empathy while diligently completing tasks.
* Impeccable organization skills including the ability to meet deadlines.
* Must have reliable transportation with a willingness to travel from one location to another throughout the workday.
* Must be willing to work evenings and weekend hours.
*New York State of Health certification
Physical exam, pre-screening drug test and employment/security test will be required.
Benefits after completion of probationary period.